I just now talked myself into reading this account of what has happened to me in the past several weeks. I have no actual memory of events from walking into the ER to approximately a week before I left ICU, and much of that is fortunately hazy. The outpouring of love and support for me and my family in the comments leaves me incredibly touched and humbled, to say the least. Thank you all from the bottom of my (overworked) heart. I have no doubt my life was spared through your prayers.
I am vastly improved from where I was even a week ago. I've been home for just over a week, and I haven't needed any of the oxygen they sent me home with in several days, nor have I used the walker or wheelchair in as many days. It's amazing how many things I took for granted as a relatively fit individual! Simply being able to walk without worrying about falling or not getting enough oxygen is a blessing now. After spending so much time unable to breathe for myself, the simple act of drawing breath is to be cherished.
I still have very limited use of my left hand, but the fact that it hurts as much as it does is a good sign. Everyone is hopeful for a full recovery, it will just take time. Pushing towards that recovery, I am going to therapy sessions three times a week, where they zap my muscles with electricity among other fun things. I'm still shaky from withdrawal from all the drugs they had me on in the hospital, but the shakes lessen every day.
I am truly blessed to have made it through the worst of this, in no small part due to the many prayers on my behalf. Thank you all, and God bless.
Zack
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Zack, Thanks for the update. I have been wondering about you and continuing to pray.
ReplyDelete-Donna Vernier
CONGRATS ZACK on making it home and fighting thru it. The people at my work have even been following your progress. They would stop by my office just to view the blog and send a wish and a prayer your directions.
ReplyDeleteZack, I don't know a better way to say it other than, I luv U man and I'm proud of you. Be strong and we hope to be able to see you again soon.
Shae & Andrea Klusman
Allyn, WA
Zack, It is wonderful to hear about your continued progress from your perspective. Laura was faithful in writing the blog when you were so ill, and she did a great job, but it is especially heart-warming to hear from you. We are so very grateful that you are on this road to recovery. I want to tell you that I just finished physical therapy several weeks ago. I just need to close my eyes and I can still feel those zaps of electricity! It is a memorable experience, isn't it? Take care. Know that you have a wide circle of support from friends and family who truly love you. pw
ReplyDelete