Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

Merry Christmas! I'm sorry I didn't get to post yesterday. Zack is doing about the same today. They gave him a blood transfusion today, and are putting in the trach tomorrow around noon. He seems to be absorbing the air leaking from his lungs, and we are hoping that that continues at a good rate, as well as the hole sealing up quickly. It remains a delicate balancing act with his lungs and other body functions. We are told he has Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome as a result of H1N1. We keep hearing stories of others who have had this and have recovered completely, many who were older and in worse general health than Zack. It is such a blessing knowing that so many are joining us in prayer for Zack. May God bless you this Christmas and New Year.

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord that he is making progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Joyce Petrotta, Brian and Mandy's mom. I have been praying for Zack several times daily since I heard he was ill. I also have others praying for him here in Egypt. So you can tell Zack that he is on an international prayer list! I am also praying for the family. May God continue to uplift you all and keep you strong through this challenging time.

    ReplyDelete